Code of Conduct
World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU) holds professional conferences and meetings to enable its members to receive continuing education, build professional networks, and discover new products and services for professional use. This Meetings and Events Code of Conduct applies during all WOCCU meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than WOCCU but held in conjunction with WOCCU events, in public or private facilities. WOCCU is committed to providing a productive and welcoming environment for all attendees. WOCCU seeks to provide a conference environment in which diverse participants may learn, network and enjoy the company of colleagues in an environment of mutual human respect.
All WOCCU related individuals, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors/vendors, WOCCU staff, service providers, and others involved in the events, are expected to abide by this code, specifically, to uphold the principles of Integrity, Respect and Responsibility:
- Integrity: acting in an honest and ethical manner;
- Respect: honoring differences in people, ideas, and opinions; and
- Responsibility: accepting ownership for one’s own conduct.
WOCCU is also dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone regardless of race, religion, citizenship, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected characteristics.
- Harassment may include offensive verbal comments, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome attention.
- Sexual language or imagery is not appropriate for any conference venue, including booths, presentations, roundtable discussions, workshops, parties, social media and other online media.
- Participants asked to stop any harassing or inappropriate behavior are expected to comply immediately.
- If a participant engages in harassing or inappropriate behavior, WOCCU may take any action it deems appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
If you or others are experiencing inappropriate behavior or are being harassed at a WOCCU event, please contact a member of the WOCCU team immediately. WOCCU staff can be identified by their STAFF badges.